Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

BBQ Stew

Yep, I decided to make a stew from some leftover pulled pork.  The pulled pork was a very good product to begin with and had a terrific aroma of smoke and spice.  After hearing so much about Brunswick Stew from some of the BBQ Brethren, I decided to try my hand at making something similar.  I took a large onion, sauteed it with some Portuguese sausage,added 1Tablespoon of Todd's Dirt seasoning, then added some corn, a can of tomato and some leftover brown rice, then added the pulled pork.  I then added 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/8 cup prepared mustard.  After letting this mixture come to temperature, 4 cups of water, another dosing of BBQ sauce and mustard and 1tablespoon each of chile powder and Todd's Dirt and a can of pinto beans.  This was simmered for 1 hour. Dinner!



















This was joined by a simple quesadilla and a can of beer celebrating my dad's memory.  It has been three years and I felt a can of beer was just the right thing to hoist to the old man.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds pretty dang good, Bob! Also, raising a glass to your dad.

    ReplyDelete