Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2009

wine-ing

Today, I had the opportunity to visit a couple of wineries while performing some legwork for an upcoming party that a friend is organizing.  It will take place at a winery in Napa, California.  This party will involve the opportunity to actually bottle the wine that we will then be able to take with us.

A shot of the vineyard showing a small portion of the property in the beautiful foothills just above the valley floor...




























The garden and house that will serve as our HQ during the party. I have committed to preparing the food and drink to feed the crew. I hope they like water and crackers...















A few beauty shots, Italian plums and roses along the edges of the vineyard, part of the new ideals of using IPM for vineyard management..

































I am also in hopes of buying at least one used barrel to be cut up into chunks that I will be able to use for smoking meats.  I have high hopes that I will be able to use this wood to make some very interesting beef and chicken dishes.  At least I will know what wine to pair with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment