Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My fish sauce connection is back...

from his trip to Vietnam with Red Boat Fish sauce, with news that the website is now live with a online store.  I wanted to touch bases with Rob, who, besides being the Director of Sales for Red Boat, is also a high end chemist.  I am trying to create a new sauce that would mimic 'pig honey', that wonderful mixture of fats, proteins, sugars and rub that forms on the top of ribs.

My plan is to create the ultimate complement to ribs, not a competition or bottle sauce, but, something that brings out the flavors inherent to pork, something that brings the savory flavors to the fore on ribs and butts.  One of the things I need to figure out is the amount of protein in a solution, how to balance the amino acids with the other elements.  This is where a mad chemist, some fish sauce and smoke are gonna need to intersect.  More coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. It can be purchased now, I am pretty sure you can go to the website and find a link to purchase.

    http://www.redboatfishsauce.com/

    ReplyDelete